This Market Report assesses the industry dynamics, technology issues, and market opportunity surrounding AI chipset chipsets, including CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs, and SoC accelerators. This report captures the changes since 2020 in the market and is an update to previously published reports. The report aims to capture the state of this fast-moving AI chipset market.
This report is organized in four parts.
- The technology part in which we discuss NN compute needs, challenges with by AI acceleration, chipset architectures, key products, and challenges with technology.
- The market part that talks about market segmentation, barriers, drivers as well as applications. The market part also provides details of start-up activities, M&A trends as well as casualties.
- Market forecast that provides summary of current market by architecture, power consumption, training vs inference usage and forecast to 2027. A detailed overview of market model, assumptions along with changes in the past one year is also provided.
- Finally, a listing of AI chipset companies along with selected details of products is included.
AI chipset market has grown rapidly in the past few years and four separate segments have emerged that have different market applicability as well has hardware and software needs. JP Data has created separate reports with focus on each of the power segments that provide further details. These include:
- AI Data Center Chipsets (50+W)
- AI mid-power chipsets (5-50W)
- AI low power chipsets (0.1-5W)
- Ultra-low power chipsets (<0.1W)
Readers are encouraged to refer to them to get further details of the segment of AI chipset.
Key Questions Addressed
- What chipset types are being used for AI today, and what workloads are running on them?
- How will they chipsets evolve through 2027 and beyond?
- What are the power consumption and compute capacity profiles of chipsets used for AI applications?
- What is the market opportunity for DL chipsets in enterprise environments versus edge devices?
- Which market sectors and industries will drive demand for AI chipsets?
- What is the state of technology development for DL chipsets, and which companies are driving innovation?
- What are some of the emerging architectures for AI chipsets?
- What are some of the use cases for DL chipsets in different application markets?
- What has changed in the DL chipset market in the last two years?
- How are startups faring in the DL chipset market?
- Semiconductor companies
- AI chipset companies
- OEM companies building devices using AI chipsets
- Server and PC manufacturers
- Smartphone manufacturers
- Smart speaker companies
- Edge device companies
- Cloud service prodivers
- Service providers and systems integrators
- Enterprises deploying AI servers and workstations
- Industry associations
- Government agencies
- Investor community
The report is available in single user, multi user and enterprise licensing options. Please reach out to JP Sales to find out more about pricing information.
- The report includes extended market forecast till 2027 considering latest developments since 2020.
- The report includes details of latest workload on chipsets
- The report includes latest trends in NN and how that impacts chipsets
- A comprehensive list of companies making AI chipsets is included.
- A new segment to include always-on chipsets is included